From Michigan United Conservation Clubs …
Legislation moving through the Michigan House of Representatives aims to protect gamefish from commercial harvest, and we need your help. The package of bills (House Bills 4567-69) passed through the House Natural Resources and Outdoor Recreation Committee last week and is moving on to the House Ways and Means Committee.
To bolster support for gamefish and keep them off of the commercial harvest list, we need your help by calling to support HBs 4567-69. Every call counts! Michigan’s $2.3-billion sportfishing industry and diverse gamefish population are at risk, and it’s up to you to make your voice of support heard.
Please call each member of the House Ways and Means Committee as well as your own representative to show your support for House Bills 4567, 4568 and 4569.
Include in your message:
I support House Bills 4567-4569 because they:
- Protect gamefish from commercial harvest
- Update existing commercial fishing statute which hasn’t been done since the 1960s
- Increase the fines for commercial fishing operations to help pay for the administrative oversight of commercial fishing
- Require net marking, which keeps our recreational anglers safe on the waters of our Great Lakes
Members of the House Ways and Means Committee:
- Rep. Brandt Iden (517) 371-1774
- Rep. Jim Lilly (517) 373-0838
- Rep. Eric Leutheuser (517) 373-1794
- Rep. Beth Griffin (517) 373-0839
- Rep. Roger Hauck (517) 373-1789
- Rep. Bronna Kahle (517) 373-1706
- Rep. Jason Wentworth (517) 373-8962
- Rep. Rebekah Warren (517) 373-1792
- Rep. Wendell Byrd (517) 373-0144
- Rep. Sheldon Neely (517) 373-8808
- Rep. Kevin Hertel (517) 373-1180
Find your own representatives: